Quotes For Friends :There are many different types of friendship. There are the people we simply feel comfortable and at ease being with. Even more precious however, in my view, are friendships that are based on a shared sense of purpose or commitment to a common cause.
My own life has been blessed with many wonderful friendships. One who comes to mind is the late Linus Pauling, renowned as the father of modern chemistry and the only person to receive two unshared Nobel Prizes. We first met in 1989 when he was already 88. His passionate opposition to war was well-known, and this shared commitment played a central role in our friendship.
Equally precious to me are the many friendships I have been able to forge with people who may not be known outside of their communities. There are many people throughout the world who are working tirelessly to make their immediate surroundings a better place for their fellow citizens. I often write about my friends because each has had a unique formative impact on me that I feel compelled to share.
Friendship is tested and proven in adversity. Perhaps only those who have suffered truly demoralizing blows can fully appreciate the beauty of friendship.
For young people, developing and maintaining friendships is a challenge. They may be distressed to discover that the person they thought was a good, trusted friend was, in fact, not. When asked by young people about this, I encourage them to focus on themselves and their own actions, rather than those of the other person. If you yourself are a good, unchanging friend, I assure them, then you will have no reason for regret even if the other person should drift away or even turn against you. The human heart holds truly fearful possibilities. I encourage young people not to allow such an experience to undermine their faith in humanity.
My own efforts to create bonds of friendship with people around the world are driven by my belief that this is the most certain path to peace. There may be, for example, political alliances that may unite the peoples of two or more countries. Shared economic or trade interests may serve as a link. But bonds that are limited to these dimensions are ultimately frail and will break down in the face of stresses and conflict.
Unlike the disparities of political or economic position, the spirit of friendship is one of equality. The spirit of friendship is open and universal. It has the power to transcend differences of cultural, linguistic or religious background. Crucially, it nurtures the trust that can keep channels of communication open, preventing misunderstandings from escalating into conflict. It may seem simplistic, but I firmly believe that fostering friendship among people of different backgrounds holds the key to peace in the 21st century.
Quotes For Friends
These Friendship proverbs are centuries old, possibly even a millennia and range from ancient utterances to biblical verses. Go over these pithy sayings and rediscover the meaning of friendship. You can also cite these on your cards for friends. If you want to share these wonderful Quotes For Friends with anyone
- The best mirror is an old friend.
- A good friend is my nearest relation.
- A hedge between keeps friendship green.
- Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
- The best of friends must part.
- The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb.
- Life without a friend is like death without a witness.HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY
- Hold a true friend with both your hands.
- An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship.
- A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses.
- A friend love at all times.
- Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty.HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY
- Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
- An honest answer is the sign of true friendship.
- Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief.
- A broken friendship may be soldered but will never be sound
- A dissimilarity of pursuits dissolves friendship.HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY
- A generous friendship no cold medium knows.
- A hedge between keeps friendship green.
- A lost friendship is an enmity won.
- A needle’s eye is wide enough for two friends;
The whole world is too narrow for two foes.
- Disparity of fortune is the bane of friendship.
- Do not allow the grass to grow on the road of friendship.
- Concealed grudges are dangerous in friendship.
- Female friendships are of rapid growth.
- Friendship can stand aye on side.
- Friendship and company are a bad excuse for ill actions.
- Friendship and importunate begging feed at the same dish.
- Friendship always benefits, love sometimes injures.
- Friendship consists not in saying “What’s the best news?”
Friendship increases in visiting friends but not in visiting them seldom.
- Friendship is a plant which one must often water.
We hope you are enjoying are post on happy friendship day do comment and share your thoughts with us we waits for your reply so that we can improve ,stay connected for more interesting updates on happy friendship day 2016
For more such post related to HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY click on links below