Memorial Day Activities For Kids And Preschoolers 2017 | Memorial Day Activities: Hello Guys Welcome to our From our Side Warm wishes to our valuable visitors On this memorial day 2017. Memorial day is celebrated is United states in the remembrance of veterans who have died in serving us armies it is celebrated on the last Monday of the June month this year it is on the 29th May 2017. this day is also called as Decoration day Many people’s cemeteries and memorial it is just the start of the summer season for cultural events This year we are here with some amazing collection for you all on a memorial day. This post is on the memorial day activities for kids in many school memorial day activities projects are given to the students and here in this post we provide all the activities ideas for memorial day kids and preschoolers
Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.
– Daniel Webster
Are they dead that yet speak louder than we can speak, and a more universal language? Are they dead that yet act? Are they dead that yet move upon society and inspire the people with nobler motives and more heroic patriotism?
– Henry Ward Beecher
Green sods are all their monuments; and yet it tells
A nobler history than pillared piles,
Or the eternal pyramids.
– James Gates Percival
Blow out, you bugles, over the rich Dead!
There’s none of these so lonely and poor of old,
But, dying, has made us rarer gifts than gold.
– Rupert Brooke
“On Slavery: The saddest slap in the face is we have NO monument, no real statues or memorials, no special day of Atonement or Remembrance (NOT ONE), no thanks for 400+ years of free labor, forced servitude across the Trans-Atlantic, ass beatings, buying ourselves and families out of slavery, rape and plunder…but everyone else has monuments, special museums, and even movies. This is what America thinks of black people, so-called black president and all, who has been largely silent on this subject…we’ll even celebrate Leprechauns, Easter Bunnies, and Secretary’s Day before we acknowledge our history.”
Author: Brandi L. Bates
Memorial Day Activities For Kids
Memorial day activities 2017
Memorial Day Activities Ideas
“The kiss, dear maid ! thy lip has leftShall never part from mine,Till happier hours restore the giftUntainted back to thine. Thy parting glance, which fondly beams,An equal love may see:The tear that from thine eyelid streamsCan weep no change in me. I ask no pledge to make me blestIn gazing when alone;Nor one memorial for a breast,Whose thoughts are all thine own. Nor need I write — to tell the taleMy pen were doubly weak:Oh ! what can idle words avail,Unless the heart could speak ? By day or night, in weal or woe,That heart, no longer free,Must bear the love it cannot show,And silent ache for thee.”
Author: George Gordon Byron
- Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.”
– President Barack Obama
- Who kept the faith and fought the fight;The glory theirs, the duty ours.
– Wallace Bruce
- “Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.”
– Robin Hayes
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”
– Joseph Campbell
- “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.”
– President Bill Clinton
- A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
- But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, Is their monument to-day, and for aye.
– Thomas Dunn English
- They are dead; but they live in each Patriot’s breast, And their names are engraven on honor’s bright crest.
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I have never been able to think of the day as one of mourning; I have never quite been able to feel that half-masted flags were appropriate on Decoration Day. I have rather felt that the flag should be at the peak because those whose dying we commemorate rejoiced in seeing it where their valor placed it. We honor them in a joyous, thankful, triumphant commemoration of what they did.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;Or close the wall up with our English dead!In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility:But when the blast of war blows in our ears,Then imitate the action of the tiger;Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage;Then lend the eye a terrible aspect.King Henry the Fifth happy memorial day.
- “Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.”
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.”
- “The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem.”
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.”
- “They are dead, but they live in each Patriot’s breast, And their names are engraved on honor’s bright crest.”
- “What’s right about America is that although we have a mess of problems, we have great capacity– intellect and resources– to do something about them.”
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”
ALSO VISIT :
So that was all about Memorial Day Activities For Kids And Preschoolers 2017 | Memorial Day Activities. If you liked this blog do not forget to share it with your relatives, friends, acquaintances and on social media to give honor and gratitude towards our Armed Forces man and women who had died while serving their country.