A True Friend : With great efforts you may succeed in getting a true friend to make him a lifelong companion. But it is very difficult to maintain friendship. What is necessary is patience, a sense of tolerance. You may not love someone and agree with him in all respects but can certainly afford to tolerate him.
The things which form the basis of true friendship are, mutual trust and togetherness so that you forget your mutual otherness and come closer together, love from the deep hearts core, understanding and appreciation of each other’s views., fellow-feeling, sympathy, broad-mindedness, service and sacrifice. It is always difficult to cultivate these virtues but for keeping up friendship in the true sense of the term, it is desirable.
Falsehood is such an attractive garb from outside that it is not always possible to know its true nature. Appearance is not always the reality. All that glitters is not gold. One cannot know the inside of somebody looking from outside.
Most people are selfish by nature and tend to deceive others to achieve their objective, and gratify their self interest. It is necessary to guard against such persons and know who are true and who are false. A true friend works life God’s good angel and means good only. He makes a leap forward to come to your rescue even at the cost of his own life.
A True Friend
Benefits of making friends: Friendship is both good and necessary.
- A man cannot pass his days all alone. In the company of friends, people pass their days cheerfully. In happy days, they share the joys of one another. Our pleasure grows greater when we share it with our friends.
- They do not feel the rigors of life. In distress, friends help one another. They help us to overcome any depressive situation and build our self-esteem.
- Apart from sharing happiness and love, they also act as our honest guides or mentors. At times when we are confused and not in a state of making decisions, we can always approach our friend to discuss our confidential matter and seek his opinion.
- We confide our secrets to a friend, and can trust him in everything we hold dear.
Thus, a friend is the sharer of both joys and woes.
Real and false friends: Real friendship is rare. Many people gather round men of power and pelf to serve their own selfish ends under the garb of friendship. They remain with their friends as long as their selfish needs are met. They leave their friends when their power and pelf are gone. Such selfish friends are many in this world. Such friends are more dangerous than enemies and people should be cautions of such friends. It is difficult to find a real friend.
A real friend is he who helps his friend in need. He stands by him in the day of his adversity.
“A friend in need is a friend indeed.”
This is why it has been said that, “Fortune brings friends but adversity tries them”.
Caution in selection: People should be very cautious about selecting friends they should cultivate friendship with men of character, so that there may not be a split when friendship has sufficiently advanced. It is very bitter and painful to cut off connections later, on account of bad blood between friends. True friendship lasts till death and does not fluctuate from time to time.
Friends imbibe the modes of thoughts and habits of each other. Thus, a person of bad character should be avoided at any cost. Therefore, we should choose our friends with care and caution.
10 Qualities of good friends
The essential qualities of good friends is given below:
- Good friends are trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- They are good listeners. They pay close attention to what we are saying.
- They easily forgive us for our mistakes.
- They do not judge us on the basis of our material possessions, success, power, or money.
- They do not hesitate to give us valuable suggestions for our benefits.
- They share their moments of joy with us.
- They are ready to help us any-time. At the same time, they freely ask us for help when in need.
- They support in our personal and professional life.
- They encourage us to do what we really love to do.
- Most importantly, Good friend value our presence in their life. They give us immense love and accept us the way we are.
Friendship day quotes
“Friendship … is born at the moment when one man says to another “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .” Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend
“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.”
You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.
We hope you are enjoying are post on happy friendship day do comment and share your thoughts with us we waits for your reply so that we can improve ,stay connected for more interesting updates on happy friendship day 2016
For more such post related to HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY click on links below